Book an Individual Study Desk
Individual Study Desks are available to book during the 24/7 opening at Cass Learning Resource Centre and Northampton Square Library.
Individual Quiet Study Desks, Cass Learning Resource Centre available Monday 25th March - Friday 3rd May (booking available from Monday 18th March)
Individual Silent Study Desks, Northampton Square Library available Tuesday 23rd April - Friday 31st May (booking available from Tuesday 16th April)
Trial: Book a Technobooth at Northampton Square Library
The four Technobooths on Level 3 of Northampton Square Library are available to book from 23rd April - 31st May.
Group Study Rooms
Book a group study room
Rooms are available for group study at Northampton Square Library and the Law Library, Gray's Inn Place.
There are 9 group study rooms on level 3 of the Library.
5 rooms are equipped with a whiteboard. 5 rooms are equipped with a PC and large screen to allow group work. If you require a PC or whiteboard check the room information prior to booking.
City Law School Library, Gray's Inn Place
A group study room is available on the lower ground floor of the Library. This room has a whiteboard and a lectern for advocacy practice.
Terms and conditions of use
- Groups can make one booking per day up to a maximum of 2 hours.
- Rooms are bookable up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Rooms are only available during staffed hours.
- These rooms are for group study and research only, not for teaching or tutorials. If you wish to book a room for teaching or tutorials please speak to your School office in the first instance.
- These rooms are for group study, at peak times individuals and groups not studying may be asked to leave to allow others to use the room.
- Please leave the room neat and tidy for the next user.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late your booking may be cancelled and the time slot allocated to another group.
- Check the room's capacity before booking. This is found on the room information. Groups exceeding the capacity may be asked to leave.
- Do not leave belongings unattended.
- Return any equipment borrowed for the room to the Library Service Desk at the end of the booking for another group to use.
Database PCs and Bloomberg
Database PCs and Bloomberg terminals
Some specialist resources are only available on fixed PCs in the Northampton Square Library and Cass Business School. These can be booked in advance.
Bloomberg Dealing Room, Cass Business School
Bloomberg terminals are located in the Bloomberg Dealing Room, Room G005, on the ground floor of Cass Business School.
Financial Resources Zone, Cass LRC
The Financial Resources Zone is located in the Cass Learning Resource Centre, on the first floor of Cass Business School.
Financial Resources Suite, Northampton Square Library
The Financial Resources Suite is located on Level 5 of Northampton Square Library and is for Silent Study.
There are ten Bloomberg terminals and two PCs with access to Thomson Reuters Eikon and Datastream. All 12 terminals have access to Morningstar Direct.
Terms and conditions of use
- The PCs and the resources available on them are for academic use only. No trading or commercial use is permitted.
- Database PCs and Bloomberg terminals can be booked for a maximum of 2 hours per day. During peak periods, around exams and assessments, this may be reduced to facilitate access for all.
- Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Priority is given to users making use of Bloomberg and the other financial resources. At peak time users not using the PCs for this purpose will be asked to make way for those using the financial resources.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late then your booking may be cancelled and the time slot allocated to another user.
- Please leave the terminal and the surrounding area neat and tidy for the next user.
- If you leave the PC unattended and it has been booked by another user then you will be logged off.