‘Beyond Westlaw: legal research using other databases’
Going beyond Westlaw...
There comes a point in your law degree when you realise that you have to look beyond Westlaw for your research. This session will look at the range of legal research databases and tools that you could be using, but probably aren’t.
The problem isn't Westlaw (it’s still great). It's just that you are missing out on a vast amount of alternative resources for research and commentary.
Come along to this training session to improve your research and stand out from the crowd!
We will pay particular attention to:
- What other legal databases are available (28 not including Westlaw)
- Using LexisLibrary, including Halsbury’s Laws of England.
- Locating cases across databases and jurisdictions using JustisOne.
- Using practitioner tools like Practical Law or LexisPSL to piece the law together using topic overviews and practice notes.
- Any questions you may have
The session is for LLB2 and LLB3. Sign up for your place using the links provided.
- Wednesday 27 February 2019
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- C322 - Tait Building