School of Health Sciences Postgraduates & Researchers : Performing a scoping search to validate your proposed research question
Aimed at SHS postgraduates and researchers who have decided on a research question but have yet to create a research proposal or protocol.
A scoping search is needed to:
- (if performing a Systematic Review) -check a review has not already been performed on the question you are proposing.
- test the depth of research available on your topic and determine if you need to broaden or narrow your question.
In this session we will be demonstrating a number of resources which can be used for this purpose.
- The Cochrane Library
- NICE Evidence Search
- Turning Research Into Practice (TRIP)
- Databases in EBSCOhost & Ovid Online
Running time: 60 mins approx.
- Tuesday 29 October 2019
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Teaching Room level 3 Library
- Northampton Square Library